MYSTERIES OF VIENNA LIBRARY
The following text was translated from the Russian original by the computer program
and has not yet been edited.
So it can be used only for general introduction.
Zagraevsky – architecture historian, artist,
philosopher, theologian, writer. Author of historical novels, "the Poor
knight of the temple", "Architect of his Majesty", "the
Eunuch of the Sultan's harem" and others. Children's book "Kirushina
The crisis will turn the reading public to the books to its history. Culture loves a crisis, says well-known philosopher-theologian.
– Sergey Volframovich, in literature you are addressing the themes of history, write in the genre of historical novel. What attracts you to this genre?
– United humanitarian publisher, in which came out my books, took a non-commercial project. Historical romance is a big theme in Russian literature. Interest in historical novels appears and disappears. Splash depends on different causes, affects and the political environment, economic situation. For scientists, this genre is too simple. They relate to historical the novel as a kind of toy, saying, why is it when there is serious research they provide links to sources. In the novel, the author inevitably selects the middle. Its task – a few words to convey a particular point of view – so working on articles for encyclopedia. Scientists, if you read the novel, then, rather, as entertainment literature, it with one hand. On the other hand, people who don't speak the story, and there, reading historical the novel may seem difficult, therefore in the historical novel the author has to give information to non-specialist reader.
– When we talk about historical novels, just remember "Ivanhoe" by sir Walter Scott – founder this genre, which Pushkin called "the Scottish magician". Probably you too engrossed and novels, and Maurice Druon, fejhtvangera?
– Of course.
In Soviet times, every person read the book Alexander Stepanov "Port
Arthur", devoted to the Russo-Japanese war 1904-1905 years, novels
"Genghis Khan" Vasily Jan "Spartak" Raffaello Giovagnoli.
Very popular was the novel "Peter the First" by Alexei Tolstoy,
historical prose Stepan Zlobina "the Island of Buyan", "Stepan
Razin", the novels of Ivan Lazhechnikov. Then you can't it was not to read
these historical novels, they entered into a "binding baggage" each
person. "War and peace" is also a historical novel. Agree, to read
"War and peace" from cover to cover in high school years not all .
Today it is hard to believe that
– About the novel of Mikhail Zagoskin said even the heroes of Gogol's "the Inspector General": Khlestakov is lying appropriated authorship.
– This confirms the popularity of the historical novel. Theme history has been reflected in old Russian literature "the Word about shelf The tale of Igor's campaign", in the "Message of Vladimir Monomakh", "the Tale of bygone years".
– You are the author of monographs on the ancient
Russian architecture, about architectural relations of Ancient
– Perhaps. Writing first novel – "the Architect Majesty" – is based on the historical research. Indeed, in the middle of the XII century was an architect, know that messages from the great the Russian historian Tatishchev. Worked in Russia, sent by the Emperor Frederick Barbarossa architect, which is on the order of Prince Andrei Bogolyubsky built in Vladimir in 1158-1160 years, the assumption Cathedral and Golden gate.
– New Dating considers the construction of the Church on
the Nerl and the
– The newest
Dating of the churches of the Intercession on the Nerl and the Nativity of The
virgin in Bogolyubovo 1158 has allowed us to refer to the work of the Imperial
architect and these temples. The novel is based on real chronicle and
architectural and archaeological data. The book contains historical the
reconstruction of the everyday life, customs, architecture of Ancient Russia.
In the road waiting for the architect dangerous adventure. And when he finally
gets to work, it appears that his mission was cover for Grand fraud, prepared
by the order of the knights Templar in order to gain influence in
– Novel you wrote after he discovered in the
– I love when I get asked this question. So I'm good coped with the subject, was able to stylize, have created the impression that he had found the documents in archives while working on the book.
– Skill the novelist is skilled in the
"buffaloes" of the reader. Academician Sednin says, what in your
novels, you can explore the history of Ancient
Historical facts are all true, Chronicles, testimonies recycled, and the characters invented.
– It is interesting that before the beginning of the eighteenth century in literary works was not introduced fictional characters that the characters were historical, real-life personality. Heroes of your books say in modern language. Why?
– I intentionally stylized language. Don't like the word "police", texts, stylized ancient – I stuffy. Write a modern language. In the novel I am the translator who has found the manuscript, translated it into Russian language. We have many translations of "the Word about Igor's regiment", there is even verse translation z's. Someone it's shocking. I like the language Soviet authors, especially Ian Basil – easy, simple, modern.
– Children's book "Kirushina tales of Moscow" with your illustrations turned out very good, in it feels the love of Moscow. But as you originated interest in architecture? Everything comes from the family?
– I'm a native Muscovite, love my city. Moscow – my birthplace. My father is an architect and restorer, he taught me to explore the environment. I and now can come in any area of Moscow and just going there. Surprised you can live in the city, in the country and is not interested in surroundings.
– Is it possible to protect old mansions of Moscow?
– Can and should. If not protected, they would be gone. Preservation of any monument is the heroic efforts of many people, opposition to the spirit of money. Buy the old mansion, as a rule, wood, rotten, eaten by mice, and the decision to do the renovation, when which all cracked, it is the desire of a man who has much money and no love. To resist is almost impossible.
– The centre of the capital The Moscow Kremlin. What is its sacred meaning?
– In Russia the cities were not as now. Any city had a sacred significance. When the enemy was coming, all that was outside the city, burnt. Wooden architecture in Russia was seen as something eternal. In the old village "crawling": it is on the same hill will build, we will take the other. Ivan III, Grand Prince of Moscow, not just built brick Kremlin, and invited the best masters. Built with the latest contemporary technology. Man, first of all, you need a security. A city in Russia personified calm.
– Sergei Eisenstein wrote that he used "thinking pattern". In your scientific publications are given reconstruction of old buildings. As an artist, you present the scenes of their novels. Have you thought about the adaptation of works?
For me, the adaptation remains completely enigmatic process. The film should be interesting not only in terms of entertainment, but also plot. The shooting of Hollywood movies spend millions of dollars, and where a good scenario? Apparently, invite the same writers. Our filmmakers are also very vicious circle.
– What events cultural life the most memorable for you?
–We have many cultural events associated with the scandals: the case group pussy Wright, reconstruction of the Bolshoi theatre, the demolition of historic buildings. About they don't want to talk. If people are reading this, the crisis we will survive. I think the crisis will turn the reading public to the books and their history. Culture loves crises.
Newspaper " West of Moscow", ¹ 1 (345), March 16-19, 2015.