Published in Russian: Газета «Наша жизнь», № 9 (233), 2001 г.
The following text was translated from the Russian original by the computer program
and has not yet been edited.
So it can be used only for general introduction.
I met with the artist Sergei ZAGRAEVSKY on one of
his solo exhibitions at the Central House of Artists. However, this acquaintance was shaposhnoe. I had to write about the exhibition in the
"People's Gazette, but limited survey of paintings and writing the opening
words of the artist before the opening. I just shook hands with him,
introduced themselves, but to ask him about anything did not start billing me
and lacked experience. But then suddenly out of newspapers and TV, I began to recognize
that ZAGRAEVSKY - more than the artist. Immediately to mind
evtushenkovskoe - "a poet in Russia is more than a poet", that is an
artist in the broadest sense. ZAGRAEVSKY - organizer. More precisely, the founder of
the Professional Union of Artists of Russia. This is the second. ZAGRAEVSKY more Christian
theologian. This -
the third. A member of the Writers' Union - in the fourth. This is bearing in mind today. And if you look into his past,
then he was (a line from the biography does not throw) and Komsomol workers,
and a programmer, and even ... psychic. Through hardship, he rushed to
the stars. This is not an exaggeration,
because in a single rating of contemporary artists and masters of XVIII-XX
centuries, it has categories for, which means "professional artist with an
individual handwriting, demanded art market and the public. He already stands in the highest
part of the rating, but he only 37 years.
- A mature part of a person's biography begins with the Institute. You are famous painter, did not graduate Surikov not Stroganovki, but ....
- Moscow Automobile and Road. He studied for a degree in automatic control systems. I gave in to pressure parents, who believed that a child needs a practical education. And in the eighties it was synonymous with technical. It's funny how much has changed since the specificity of professions! Now a practical education - is the economy, finance, law, but certainly not a science and technology. What is now the famous cordially, that Bauman? Probably the same thing with ballistic missiles and submarines - quietly rusting and falling apart ... The fact that human destiny is subject to huge number of accidents, it is difficult to argue, if, of course, are no longer God's predestination, or "working out of karma. And in 17 years, when a person finishes school and before it raises the question of choosing a profession, his destiny is usually determined absolutely continuous chain of unpredictable events. There are, of course, the lucky ones who choose my career at 14 years (for example, the poet Andrei Voznesensky - so he wrote in his memoirs), but not many. Personally, I have not seen such himself certainly was not.
- Your line of fate can be called exotic. You have tried many things in life to stay on the ball. Could you recall the dashed past passions and hobbies?
- About the MADI I mentioned. Komsomolskaya "career" began in the institute with a public office fizorga. I chose it, probably because of the extremely small number of males in my group I was most suited for this role - gradually made themselves felt dumbbells, which I got carried away. Then, with no fright ran up the latest at the district competition, I was encouraged to sport the new post of chairman sportsoveta faculty. And in the beginning of the third course has been "democratically elected" to the committee of the Komsomol MADI responsible for sport and mass work.
I confess that I consciously become "an active member of the Komsomol" to have a chance to get a decent distribution after graduation. And got - I left the department. Rolling to work in "mailbox" I had no desire. I even defended - a degree of candidate of technical sciences, but this was not at once, with a delay of a year when I had this degree was needed, as dead poultices. My grandmother Lydia V., however, was happy that his grandson has learned ...
The Business then get carried away. With varying success, but soon broke out in 1998 - default.
- The "Skin" psychic really been?
- Ugorazdilo. Once acquainted with Arcadia - a professional psychic who worked in the same firm as consultant to the miracle. From him I learned that all objects and elements, including a man with his mind, psyche and spirit - a certain energy structures of varying complexity. The man has seven energy centers or chakras along the spine.
Level chakras increases upward. Every person has preferred? energy, but, for example, on one or two lower chakras are able to "work" all, and then - on the level of development. The greatest fortune-tellers such as Wangi were able to work, at least, on the fifth level. This theory.
Arkady has taught me several lessons learned "immersion", ie entry into the state of astral vision. I learned how to move the "look" matchbox or swing pampas, a little up in the air.
But the psychic All the same, I avoided. It required much time, effort. Become a great psychic as something not in my plans and dreams.
- And finally, how do you become an artist? Do not suddenly then?
- Under the leadership of painting, I father an architect and a great Russian artist Tatyana 'Mavrina began to study very early. Father Wolfgang Volfganovich, like most graduates of the Architectural Institute, had a great schedule set by hand. When he was without any line drawing huge sketches of churches, took away my breath. And the animals, which he just painted on small sheets of paper, we then hid with his mother and collect. Not only that they were written masterfully - even in them the soul was present. So from childhood I had a wonderful art teacher. And my "career as a professional artist began in 1992 when I published my first postcard.
My mother Inna, already a Ph.D., and professionally engaged in literature. And somehow, releasing a collection of his plays, she asked me to draw a picture for the cover. Step one of the play takes place in Lithuania, so I painted a watercolor drawing on a piece of drawing paper Lithuanian castle.
When we were preparing my image to print, it became clear that it looks like a postcard. Then my "Autumn", and I asked on the reverse side of a postcard-type author's name and title of the painting. Stuck, we not then all copies, and two hundred cards in the end I have left. Then I issued the same printing plant a few types of cards, original watercolor painting in an almost full size. I tried that in the end it was like a reproduction of oil, but he wrote in watercolor on Whatman paper, for such a picture is wholly placed in a scanner and a color depth is not lost on those days when retake not as good as the slides. So I developed a specific style in watercolor - "deaf" fill, without radiographic paper, and a dense overlay of colors.
- In painting, you are a representative ...
- Naive Art. He paid tribute to Henri Rousseau, Niko Pirosmani. My naivizm, as critics say, is rooted in childhood. Maybe because people are now seeking a bright and good, tired of the blood, eroticism and concrete.
You have visited only one of my show, just as was held in Moscow six of my personal exhibitions, including three in the Central House of Artists, and one - in the Manege.
- You are the creator of the Professional Union of Artists. Tell us about it.
- It was formed in February 1999. The purpose - protecting the rights of artists. The union shall not engage in exhibition activity, especially - to legal protection, to make sure that no one attempt on his right. The union has helped many, work in this area abound.
Another activity of the Professional Union of Artists - care about earning professionals. I initiated the release rate artists. These artists are dying of hunger, and hacks - are flourishing. So, rating, compiled by well-known art critics, all put into place. Talented artist must have its price. Rating gives the viewer, buyer tools, scientific approach to the evaluation of a painting or sculpture.
My rating has already passed through three editions. In fact, all artists have recognized him. There have been comments, some suggestions. Much has been taken into account in its latest issue.
P.S. author of the article A. Ivanushkina:
More than once I have been visiting Bulat Okudzhava. Interviews with him were published in "People", in other publications. During the last meeting, shortly before his death he gave me about the artist devyatistishie ZAGRAEVSKY.
Tomorrow is with whom
Think of the art eternal.
Well, of course, with ZAGRAEVSKY,
From naivistom most vernal.
When he wrote the picture,
God has his hand moves.
God - always his assistant.
Here's a Sergei artist.